AT&T, the winner of Wireless Week’s Industry Leader award for its Wi-Fi strategy, integration and growth, recently released some Q1 stats showing just how much this Wi-Fi craze is skyrocketing.
• Buses: MegaBus and Bolt now offer Wi-Fi while on board. Buses just got way more cool.
• Zoos: AT&T just launched free Wi-Fi at Manhattan’s Central Park Zoo, so you can upload that pic of you and the monkey immediately!
• EZ Lube: Waiting for an oil change just got more enjoyable thank
s to free Wi-Fi offered to EZ Lube customers.
• Gyms: Many gyms including Equinox and Gold’s Gym now offer free Wi-Fi to their patrons so they can stay online and stay in shape!
• Laundromat: The dreaded chore of laundry has become much more enjoyable as some Laundromats offer Wi-Fi for customers to use when they aren’t folding clothes!
• Parks: This one is my favorite. Catch up on your emails while soaking in the greenery of your local park! AT&T has launched free Wi-Fi at 21 park locations in NYC. It’s the new big thing.
• Grocery Stores: In case you need to compare prices, nutritional information, or check that recipe you always forget, many grocery stores are now offering their patrons Wi-Fi service.
• Stadiums: Stay connected during the most exciting moments of the game with Wi-Fi at the stadium! Joining many East Coast sports arenas that are now offering Wi-Fi, The Honda Center recently announced that AT&T Wi-Fi has been installed throughout the venue. This makes Honda Center one of the first entertainment venues on the West Coast to offer free Wi-Fi!