With that said, what if some of the things I am actually thankful for don't seem to fit with the status updates? Most people are saying lovely, beautiful, heartfelt appreciations every single day. Example: For the love my husband bestows on me every day. For the children who light up my life with their laughter. For the family that has stayed by my side through my biggest struggles. Yes, these are all wonderful things to recognize. But for me, a social-media-lover, it makes some of my potential posts wither away from lack of significance.
BUT NO MORE! I post proudly to the world, the Top 10 Things I am Thankful for in Social Media!
6. Thankful for Goodreads, my digital book cataloger-of-choice, for suggesting amazing books and steering me away from less than stellar ones.
5. Thankful for streaming Netflix on my iPad, for those nights when I can't fall asleep but don't want to go all the way to the couch to turn on the TV.
4. Thankful for YouTube and its instructional videos that instantly teach me everything from "Best way to tie a long scarf" to "How to fix a cracked iPhone Screen".
3. Thankful for status updates that help me stay, at least somewhat, in the loop on the lives of friends and family that I would not be able to otherwise.
2. Thankful for Facebook Birthday Reminders, you know you need these too!!
1. Thankful for my SocialMediaDiva family and readers for their love and support!
Of course there are so many more social media tools and tricks that make our lives just a little better every day. Let us know the ones you are most thankful for. And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!